Thursday, July 15, 2010

Chapter 2 It Happens






Note to self: buy an alarm clock and coffee pot. TODAY!!

First day on the new job and I’m late. Well, it’s good thing Emmett is family and has to be somewhat nice to me.

We all kind of grew up together. Emmett and my brother, Jasper, were a couple of years older than me. But Jaz loved me and would let me tag along sometimes.

Jaz actually ended up marrying my best friend, Alice. Who also just happened to work at Swan Bonds as the file clerk.

I smell coffee. No hi’s or hello’s from me, I just run straight for the coffee pot.

Mmm, much better. I can actually feel my brain starting to turn on.

“Gee, Bella, addicted much?”

“Rose, I think I need coffee more than air.”

Rose has been married to Emmett for about 5 years now and she helps him keep his shit together.

“So, how pissed is he that I’m late?”

“On a scale of 1 to10, I would have to say about a 7 and a half.”

Well, here goes nothing. I might as well get the yelling out of the way before the coffee fully kicks in. That way I will only hear half of it.

*knock knock* “Hey Emmett, Bella Swan reporting for duty.”

“Don’t try and be cute, you’re a fucking hour late!”

“Okay Emmett, you can give me the evil eye, yell, stomp and cuss, but it’s not going to change the fact that my phone went dead and didn’t go off this morning. I would love to tell you that it will never happen again, but it’s me and you know it will. So all I can say is that I’m sorry, and I will try my best not to be this late again without calling in.”

“Bella, I swear to fuck if you weren‘t family, you‘d be fired! I’m running a business here, and I’m doing you a huge ass favor by letting you try skip tracing in the first place. I have some serious doubts you will be able to pull this off with out getting hurt or hurting someone else. In which case I’m going to be in a world of shit with Uncle Charlie.”

“Oh Emmett, ye of little faith, I’m going to kick ass at this job, you just wait and see.”

“Hahaha, I really hope so, little swan, because I have a skip just for you.”

“For the love of all that’s holy, don’t fucking call me little swan…I hate that!”

“So who’s this skipper you got for me?”

“Read for yourself. I think you’re familiar with him.”

I flip open the file and just about faint right there. Edward Cullen! Well, fuck my life.

“Edward Cullen, THE fucking Edward Cullen, that I have had a crush on since, oh, I don’t know, FOREVER! The Edward Cullen who was best buddies with you and Jasper. And stood up at both of your weddings.”

He looked really fuck hot in that tux.

“The same Edward Cullen that can call me cupcake with that sexy eye wiggle and make me cum on the spot!”

“Whoa, whoa, WAY too much information there, little swan. But yeah, that’s the right one. He’s running scared. Personally I think he was framed, but like I said, I’m running a business here and $100,000 is a big bond. You get 10% of that if you think you can bring him in.”

“But why me? He’s a cop for fuck sake, and I don’t have any experience. Shouldn’t I start out small, like parking tickets or something?”

“No, I’m giving you the case because Cullen has always had a soft spot for you. I’m hoping that works to our advantage.”

“Soft spot, huh? I was kinda hoping he had a hard spot for me.” I have no filter from my brain to my mouth. If I think it, I say it, which is not always a good thing, like now for instance.

“GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY OFFICE AND GET TO WORK….TMI..TMI!!!”

I left his office and was attacked by a pixie. “What the hell was that all about?”

“Well, that particular outburst was caused from me mentioning Edward Cullen’s hard spot.”

“I’m scared to ask, but why would you mention that exactly?”

“Oh, I can answer that for you, Alice.”

“Dammit Rose, you fucking knew this all along, didn’t you?”

“Knew what?”

“She fucking knew Emmet wanted me to bring in Edward because apparently he has a soft spot for me. Either that or no one else wanted to give it a try.”

“Now that’s not true, Bella, we have someone that could do it. Emmet just thought that since you needed a job anyway, this would be more entertaining.”

“Here, call this guy if you need anything. We used to use him alot, but he’s running a security business now, so we don’t see him much any more. Plus Emmett fucking hates him. He’s a flirt and he’s damn good at it.”

The card read: Jake Black, Blackhawk Security

“Thanks, but I don’t think I’ll need help. How hard can it be anyway? A little Bella charm and he will be putty in my hands. He‘ll be surprised to find out that I‘m not as shy as I used to be.”

“I’ll talk to you all later. I have a Cullen to catch.”

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Krazi - the page has a malfunction...some of the links from the left side of the page are covering the chapter text on the right...
Lynne

Anonymous said...

LMFAO Krazi!

So skipper as in, he skipped bail? He was set up for some sort of crime? OH my I likey.

Can't wait to see the fuckery they get into when she's trying to bring him in!

LOL! *high five* good job!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Angela said...

Yeah, what AC said first. I love where this one's going already! SATT mah h00r!

Hope said...

This is so awesome and I am not just saying that because your one of my cuntburgers. I totally mean it. I am glad you gave it to us early. Cant wait for next chapter when they meet up.

I'll talk to you later. I have a Vishous to catch. :)

IsisDraven said...

This was really great. The more you write the more I adore your Bella. I can't wait to see the craziness to ensue.

Anonymous said...

Love it she's got to bring Edward in!! This is sooo not going to be easy and for some reason all I can think of is that film bounty hunter with Gerard Butler in! Lmao can't wait for more. <3