Thursday, July 22, 2010

Chapter 3 Cowboy Cassanova



First thing I need to do is go home and check on Vishous and read Edward’s file. The only thing I knew about it was what I had heard on TV and we all know they add shit just to hear themselves talk.

I know this because my brother Jasper works for the Peninsula Daily News in Port Angeles. I had asked him a few times about Edward but it was kind of a sore subject with him considering how close they were growing up.

I walked in just in time to see Vishous eat the last of my favorite Nike flip flops.

Dammit, I thought I put those up!!

I take him out to do his biz and come back in. I grab a soda then flop down on the couch and start reading.

Of course he jumps up there and lays his head on my lap. Yeah, I’m a sucker. I can’t stay mad at him for long.

According to this, Cullen was off duty when one of his informants, Leah Clearwater, called him with some information. When he showed up at the house there were two other men there. One of them was Sam Uley. There was an argument between Uley and Cullen. Uley drew a weapon on Cullen, Cullen shot him.

When authorities arrived on the scene it was chaos, with all the neighbors running around. They were unable to find the gun that Uley had and Clearwater and the other mystery man were nowhere to be found and are still missing today.

The neighbors couldn’t corroborate Cullen’s story so he was charged with shooting an unarmed man…murder.

The only family Edward has is his mom and dad in Forks. His dad is a doctor and his mom runs a safe house for battered women. I don’t see him running to them and getting them involved in this mess.

It’s getting late so I decide to drive by Edward’s house on my way to pick up some dinner.

I pull up outside his apartment building. I figure I might as well get out and ask the neighbors if they have seen him lately.

Of course no one had seen him and I’m about to leave when I see a blue van pull in and park in the back.

Eric Yorkie who I happen to know is a friend of Edward’s, gets out and goes in to Edward’s apartment. Moments later he comes out with a bag and takes off.

No fucking way I’m this lucky on the first day.

I follow him to a crappy looking brick house in a not so good neighborhood.

I sit there for a few minutes after he goes in, mentally debating with myself what the fuck I should do.

I finally convince myself to go to the door, tell him I lost my dog, and ask if he’d seen it. Maybe I can get a look inside and if I see Edward, I’ll make my move and get my man.

Sounds like a good plan to me.

I knock on the door and to my complete fucking shock I’m standing there staring into the beautiful green eyes of Edward Cullen.

“What the fuck are you doing here?’

“What the fuck are you doing here?”

“I asked you first.”

“Okay, fine. Truthfully, I was looking for you.”

He jerks me into the house and shuts the door. He has his hands on my arms but the only thing I notice is how close they are to my boobs.

“Oh, really, what for?” The gap between us seems to be getting smaller and smaller until my back hits the wall and his body is now touching my boobs.

“Well, I’m working for Emmett.”

His whole body starts to shake with laughter.

“What the hell do you think is so funny?”

“Emmett sent you after me? Little Swan the bounty hunter.”

“Hey don’t fucking call…”

“Oh, that’s right, you don’t like to be called that name, do you?”

He moves closer and I can feel his breath on my neck as he whispers in my ear “cupcake.”

Oh shit, he just licked my ear and called me cupcake. Think, dammit, think! This is not going according to my plan. I’m not supposed to be standing here all wobbly kneed and wet. I’m supposed to be taking him in and getting my money.

So I do the only thing I can think of in this situation. I grab his ass.

Next thing I know his hand is up my shirt and we’re making out like teenagers.

I can’t think. Hell, I can’t even breathe. I’ve wanted to do this for so fucking long. His hands are like magic and his mouth is doing things to me that I have never had done to me before.

My hands are in his hair. I’ve wrapped my legs around his waist and I’m shamelessly rubbing on his hard spot when I hear someone clear their throat.

“Fuck.”

“Eric, could you give us a minute please?”

“Umm sure, but we need to be leaving soon, man.”

“I know, just a fucking minute, okay?”

He waits for him to leave the room before he kisses me again.

“I’ve wanted to do that for a very long time, cupcake.”

“Uh huh, me too.”

That’s the only response I could come up with at the moment.

We untangle ourselves in between a few more kisses.

“I’ve got to go and I want you to go home. This is not a safe place for you to be.”

I start to open my mouth to say something. What I’m not sure, but definitely something. Then he cuts me off with another kiss.

“I know what you’re going to say, but we both know you can’t physically take me in and I can’t let you take me in. I have some things I need to take care of, some people I need to find.”

“Go home, cupcake. I’ll see you soon, I promise. Seems we have some unfinished business that needs my attention.”

I’m driving down the road when my head finally starts to clear and I realize what the fuck just happened.
.
SONOFABITCH!!!!

How in the hell did I let that happen? That sneaky fucker; did he kiss me like that because he wanted to, or because he was trying to get rid of me?

DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!

Swan, you had your man, all you had to do was take him in...or, better yet, you could have just called the police and told them where he was.

Oh no, not me, I let him get me all hot and bothered and if Eric hadn’t interrupted us, it’s hard telling just how far I would have let that go.

I know exactly how far I would have let that go.

FUCK MY LIFE! I’m an idiot!!

I’m sitting in the drive thru at Taco Bell and getting more pissed by the minute.

I pull out my cell phone and the card Rose gave me.

I think I may need help with this case after all.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Loved it babe!Framed or not, on the Run Edward is hot ;)

Hope said...

Roflmao!! That was great. I think all of us would have lost our train of thought it Edward had us like that. Oh and BTW. FUCK. YOU. ERIC for walking in an breaking that shit up.

Anonymous said...

Man that was hot i wish edward who do that to me on our first meeting weather he was trying to distract me or not i don't care i'm shameless like that!!!

Anonymous said...

TOO CUTE!

I loved that you had him call her cupcake! LOL *ded*

She's in for a wild ride with this one!

Lurve lady!
xoxoxoxo